Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Plan B

In life sometimes you need to have a plan B.  Before I tell you my story, I just want say that I know many people who have used Advocare and raved about how it made them feel.  So every body is different and by no means does my journey reflect the norm.
With that said, I will back up to day 1 of my 24 day challenge.  I started the morning with my fiber drink, Spark drink, and meal replacement breakfast shake.  I felt okay, definitely not use to all that liquid so early in the morning so my stomach felt a bit off but I thought that was normal.  Then lunch rolled around and I had another Spark and a salad.  Almost immediately after lunch I felt very sick to my stomach and did actually get sick.  I left work and spent the rest of the day curled up with stomach pains.  I thought I had a bad salad?!  So I went on to do the next two days as the program described.  I must admit I did not feel great those two days, but I was hoping that my body would balance out after a bit.  Then Thursday came and I really didn't feel well- I managed to get to work and after lunch it all kinda fell apart.  I started to feel very hot and itchy and before I knew it I had hives all over my body.  So in the end, I am apparently allergic to the ingredients used within the Advocare program.  Seriously my luck!:)  Although my husband was happy that now I could have a beer and burger over the Memorial Day Weekend.
So my Plan B: Watch what I eat and keep a food journal.  I plan to cut out items for about two weeks and see how I feel without them- then slowly introduce again.  We'll see how it goes.  I may see an allergist as well.

The one thing I did like about my whole 4 days on the challenge- I was very conscious of what I was going to eat and when!  I do plan to create meals and snacks for my days home during the summer and I will share some of my favorite healthy meals along the way!

Happy Summer!! Looking forward to blogging all the fun we have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...